View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:36 am

A few problems... 

Post Re: A few problems...
Turned off firewall, and Anti Virus, still get error

Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Yeah it seems more like fiddling with some sort of caching flag might fix it, but it shouldn't need fixing. I wonder if this is just a bug with the python. Possibly fixed in other versions. I am on 2.6 though I think. Some of the 1.8.0+ developer stuff needs it so folks can't continue to use 2.5 which is fine for 1.8.0.4 I believe.

Just have it popping up now three times but can't see a pattern to when it happens to me.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:59 pm

DigitalXero says,

"A quick look at that tells me it has to do withe urllib.cleanup being
called before Open has a chance to build the bitmap file. I would find all instances of urllib.cleanup and remove them and just place one in the ezxit code of Open. That way all temp files Open
downloads get cleaned up on exit, but dont get removed before Open is
done with them."

I'll try this out and if it works issue a bug fix. It also might reveal a workaround. Why does the problem arise always for some, sometimes for others and never for others again?

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:27 am

Well I made a small fix that seems related but I am doubtful it will help you.

The bug was reproducible as follows:
Start off two copies of openRPG and get them in the same room. On one client load a local image using "Browse" button. Move the mini on the map. Change focus to the second cleint. it will have a pop-up error about not being able to find the image file.

OK so on removing a call to urllib.urlcleanup() in the Browse code this is fixed. But that sort of bug won't have anything to do with the program failing to load initially I would think, unless your tree has images in it, but I think you said it successfully loads the tree.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:21 am

Trying to get that fix released......

In the mean time digitalxero suggested that if openrpg hangs after the gametree is successfully loaded then a likely suspect would be an error in the layout.xml file (it is in the myfiles directory). Try deleting that file (or renaming it) and openrpg will create a new one. See if that gets you past the hang.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:32 pm