View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 pm

Trouble createing server/ Can't retrieve maps 

Post Re: Trouble createing server/ Can't retrieve maps
ya, it goes down a loooong stream of stuff, and takes a few min everytime.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:32 am

It seems that for some reason it's not saving when you quit. Honestly I haven't been able to figure out why that would be. Normally David knows more about these PC issues than me but he seems to be having internet issues right now.

I'm assuming that your letting the install run all the way through till the openrpg window opens up. ( if you close the update window that will stop the update and revert back to 1.8.0 )

So assuming that it is installing correctly and just not saving there are two things I can recommend.

Normally I would not suggest this but you could try reinstalling openrpg. It's possible something didn't install correctly the first time.

The second thing you can try is just to use 1.8.0 and not update. You can avoid getting the update window every time by opening it with the "start_noupdate.py" in the open rpg folder. Or you can just click skip update.

I believe you also wanted to know how to get connected to a server and set up a room for you and your friends.

Once you have openrpg running click on the server menu and pick browse servers. You can use any of the servers in black, these are open for public use.

Click on one of the servers and click connect. You will now be in the lobby for that server and you will see a list of rooms. Some servers have rules you need to know about these should be come up in your chat box when you connect.

Next you'll need to set up a room for you and your friends to use. In the bottom right of the server window you'll see the create room section.

Enter a room name, If you want to make the room private click on the password option and enter a password, now set the admin password.

You can ignore the minimum version entry you don't really need that.

Click create room and your done. Your now the GM in that room and it should appear on the list of rooms for that server.

You can now close the server window.

Now tell your friends what server your on, your room name and password if you used one.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:49 pm

Thanks alotm:) ill tell you how it goes, and i may try to reinstall too.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:54 pm

well i made a game with my friend, and she got in it. ProblemS are that i reinstalled it and 1)still need to update it each time 2) the screen constantly goes black for both of us, 3)get pop ups saying unable to load some image or w/e anytime she moved a piece. do you have any idea what wrong?

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:07 am

Sorry I have no idea what's wrong.

Sounds like a PC issue and I haven't used a PC in years.

I really wish David could take a look at this since this is more his area than mine.

David if your out there HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Traipse is really easy to setup. The current stable version requires only one easy to fix workaround. Check my signature.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I was wondering if the client has a virus at all. For example do they have their web browser opening windows on them to odd pages or re-drecting Google search links to pages they didn't ask for?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:35 pm

Traipse users don't complain about those problems. Maybe yours has a virus.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW