View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 pathfinder saturdays xp and notices 

Post Re: pathfinder saturdays xp and notices
here is a proposed spell Aziel would like to develop Vash, Yeah or neigh?
Blessed Hearthfire
Transmutation
Level: Clr 2, Drd 2, Rgr 2
Components: One 5 lb log and a few drops of oil
Casting Time: 1 full round
Range: touch
Area: One log effects a 50 or 25 ft radius
Duration: permanent until the log is set alight, then up to 2 hours per level
Saving throw: will (see below)
Spell Resistance: none
You inscribe a meaningful symbol on a piece of firewood with the oil. Afterward, the log can commanded to light and burn with any intensity from a candle flame to a bonfire for up to 2 hours per level. The Hearthfire warms all those withing a 50' radius in cold weather (providing a +2 to all saves versus cold weather) and prevents all vermin from entering into this radius unless compelled in some manner. Nothing can put out the Hearthfire after it has been lit except being totally immersed in water or completely buried and the fire never rages out of control. All skill checks to prepare meals are done with a +2 divine bonus and those approaching the fire with hostile intent need to make a will save to be able to see the fire. The Caster can choose to use the Hearthfire as as a forging flame (providing a +2 divine bonus to craft checks) , this causes it to burn with such an intensity that halves the area and duration of the fire. The Hearthfire can be dismissed at any time causing the log to crumble into ash.

EDIT: oops, I forgot to note that hostiles approaching the fire need to make a will save to see it. Basically Bandits can't spot your fire unless they make a will save. Fixed now.

Last edited by rat_bastard on Sat May 08, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat May 08, 2010 5:39 pm

does it smell or something? vermin are repelled, but can't actually see the fire without a will save?

Sat May 08, 2010 5:49 pm

looks ok to me. you can just have the vermin be repelled by the magic

Sat May 08, 2010 5:56 pm

vash wrote:
does it smell or something? vermin are repelled, but can't actually see the fire without a will save?

Basically you don't have flies in your food and mosquitoes biting you, but a summoned giant preying mantis would not be bothered by it.

Oh, and Aear's rat would not be bothered by our fire because he's part of the family.

Sat May 08, 2010 5:58 pm

I approve of this pro-rodent stance.

Sat May 08, 2010 6:39 pm

After some thought and chat with my more experienced roleplaying buddies, I've decided that my stance is that el banditos and henceforth all sentient prisoners should be offered a chance to redeem themsleves before being tried to the full extent of the local/homeland law. With the ones we have I would offer them a chance to give up banditary; If yes we take their weapons and armour and send them off to the nearest settlement. If no we have to execute them.

Sun May 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Good, good. Now that you're considering the option of executing them, we'll make a proper bloodthirsty nut out of you yet.

Mon May 10, 2010 12:08 am

I'm not condoning it because I want them dead, its because its the best option in context.

Mon May 10, 2010 10:45 am

This is neither here nor there at this point but when I hit 12th level I will be able to cast fabricate and wall of stone and I'll have something like a +15 in Knowledge: Architecture & Engineering, Profession: Architect, Stone Masonry and Carpentry. At that point and a couple of months of downtime I'll be able to build a fortress with sufficient prison space to house petty bandits that give us trouble.

Mon May 10, 2010 1:15 pm

At which point we need to worry about getting staff to feed and keep them while we're off adventuring, as is our habit. I suggest you summon and bind demons into extended periods of service for this. Or elementals, if you're not a fan of infernal critters.

Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next