View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 6:56 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 2 D&D 3.5 games seeking players (Sat, Mon) 

Post 2 D&D 3.5 games seeking players (Sat, Mon)
Hello all. I've got two different 3.5 games here for you, each one active for some time and in need of new players! :D

EDIT: Update! The Monday game looks to be full now, but Saturday is still recruiting!

The first is a Saturday game, scheduled for 7 PM Pacific, by the name of T13K: Perils of Thunder Island. I started the game in January 2009 and have had it up and running regularly since then. The group, however, has lost a few players recently and is in need of more companions. At the moment, we have a Human Monk, a Dwarf Barbarian, an Elf Ranger and a Human Cleric (the Cleric's player is somewhat sporadic in attendance and usually not very active). Most of the adventures have been wilderness-oriented and the most common foes are dinosaurs. If you want to join this game, you will come in at 6th level with the average wealth for 6th-level characters. And if you absolutely must play a Druid, keep the summons to a minimum, please. One of the players who recently left played a summon-oriented Druid and it slowed the game down to a crawl in most combats.
And the only house-rule for Perils is "Druid or Ranger PCs cannot gain a dinosaur as an animal companion."

The second game is on Mondays, also at 7 PM Pacific, called T13K: For More Than Glory. FMTG has been running for around 5-6 years, but with rotating DMs. The party is mostly 14th-level and consists of a Half-Elf Wizard (mostly Evocation-focused), a Dwarf Fighter/Dwarven Defender, a Human Rogue/Chameleon (who has recently had issues with getting online Monday nights, due to work), a Lizardman Cleric/Hierophant and his Fighter/Templar cohort, with a current DMPC Half-Dragon/Human Ranger/Horizon Walker (my character before I offered to take the DM reins). This group has been fighting a green dragon (or two, they're not sure exactly) and hordes of half-green dragon orcs and ettins, all within the elven forest-kingdom. It's currently looking like they're going to have to defend the last standing major city in the region from the dragonspawn assault. New members for this will start at 14th level with average wealth. (Secondary note: after the current conflict is resolved, if I'm still DMing, the Ranger DMPC will go "on vacation", so to speak.)

Concerning both games: Perils and FMTG could each use another 2 or 3 players, and they are intended to be Core-Only. Some non-Core stuff is allowed on a case-by-case basis. The Chameleon PrC was allowed, along with some half-dragon-oriented feats for FMTG, but Perils has remained Core. If you feel the need for non-Core, ask first and don't expect it to be allowed. I've had enough trouble with the Chameleon PrC and am not really keen on letting in much else. Also, any PrCs you want to use must be re-flavored to the setting we use. Which is my next note...

On Setting: both games are played in the world of Aerde/The 13 Kingdoms. The setting was originally designed as a shared world, but has shrunk to a few small groups of players, over the years. I can provide the Setting Guide pdf to any who want it, and it is recommended to join in, as it contains world info, PrCs, feats and spells, and full Character Generation details. If you want the setting guide, post your e-mail here and I will send it with the title "T13K Setting Guide."

Character Generation: the game you join dictates your level, of course, with average wealth either way. 32 point-buy. HP is Max for your first 2 levels, then 75% (rounding up on odd levels, down on even if your HD doesn't give a whole number). Also, characters must have a patron god/goddess. If you really don't want the setting guide, post a list of values/ideas important to your character and I will give a quick run-down of deities with similar philosophies. The reason for the patron deity is you can only be raised by a cleric of your faith, if you die. The gods of Aerde tend not to work together/get along. :P

Alignment: No Evil PCs. Both games are primarily Neutral in their approach. The character in Perils are mostly concerned with finishing whatever they've been hired to do in the forest. FMTG has been more altruistic lately, but so far have few problems with any approach/style to their current problem.

Tone: I try to keep things mostly serious in-game (though OOC jokes happen pretty regularly). FMTG tends to keep the serious nature better than Perils (after all... dinosaurs).

Perils is on Holiday hiatus, to resume on January 8th. For More Than Glory is going to be up through the holidays (or at least, that's the plan.)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for reading this post and I hope to see you in the game. :D

Last edited by Dragonwriter on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Post Re: 2 D&D 3.5 games seeking players (Sat, Mon)
Yes, 10 PM Eastern is the equivalent. We usually run to between 9 and 10 Pacific (12 and 1 Eastern). On rare occasions, we go later, but I really try to prevent that.

And the timeframe is the same for the Monday game.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:42 am

I could be interested in either if not both games, would need the pdf on the campaign settings. My e-mail is titanium_cobra@yahoo.com . My only thing is I like to dive into the complete series alot. Wouldn't mind sticking to core for perils but in fmtg I would like to play with a warlock from complete arcane.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:26 am

I've got me and a friend that would like to play the monday game.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:03 am

Daedalus wrote:
I will take the Saturday spot if that works for you

Sounds fine. That leaves one or two more slots for Saturday. As Perils is currently on a hiatus, I suggest working out as much info on the character as possible. And after the game returns, if your character still isn't finished, you can lurk during the games. :)

Zainen wrote:
I've got me and a friend that would like to play the monday game.

The next FMTG (Monday) game will be on Dec 27th. You and your friend are welcome to lurk during the game, ask any questions you may have, etc. :)

Zainen wrote:
I could be interested in either if not both games, would need the pdf on the campaign settings. My e-mail is titanium_cobra@yahoo.com . My only thing is I like to dive into the complete series alot. Wouldn't mind sticking to core for perils but in fmtg I would like to play with a warlock from complete arcane.

I'll get the pdf to you. While I do have Complete Arcane, I'm not going to OK the Warlock. Sorry. :(
I'd be okay with a non-Core feat or two (as long as I don't see them as too strong and I have the book in question, or you provide the entire word-for-word feat description), maybe a PrC, but bringing in a whole extra base class (even one so simple as Warlock) throws something of a curve-ball at balance.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:15 am

you say a curve to balance when you play a half-dragon...lol. But i understand, I'm the type to be able to come up with crazy ways of using abilities. But I'm also the type not to blindside the dm with a crazy planed out overpowering stunt without first consulting with you and either seeing if you can compensate or if I should just tone myself down a bit. Either way you choose, I would understand and stick with your decision on the matter. Just let me know.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:40 am

Zainen wrote:
you say a curve to balance when you play a half-dragon...lol. But i understand, I'm the type to be able to come up with crazy ways of using abilities. But I'm also the type not to blindside the dm with a crazy planed out overpowering stunt without first consulting with you and either seeing if you can compensate or if I should just tone myself down a bit. Either way you choose, I would understand and stick with your decision on the matter. Just let me know.

The half-dragon technically has 2-3 level less than the rest of the party (Level Adjustment, of course). ;) And the template is Core.

If you're heavy on optimization, it might be good to tone it down a touch. Everyone fills their roles quite effectively (Cleric is major on buffs and combat power, Dwarf Fighter is one helluva tank, Wizard is good on control and blasting, Rogue/Chameleon has some of almost everything with an emphasis on his casting, Ranger is scout and archer), but there is really only so much available within Core. But when my DMPC retires from action, the party will need an archer and scout/sneak. The Rogue/Chameleon has a little in the way of perceptive and stealth skills, but is mostly focused on social skills.

But like I said, Warlock is out. You might find something useful/fun in the T13K Prestige Classes in the Setting Guide I sent to your e-mail. :)

Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:18 am

Hey there

For the monday night game, which I think is the high level one? Would you need a wizard(enchanter), a sorcerer or an arcane trickster?

Also, do you allow Spell Compendium? Or spells from the complete books?

At 14th level, the sorcerer would have a 7th level spell, and the AT would be able to cast a 6th level iirc, so both would be close to a regular wizard spell wise, but not quite. The enchanter I would want to go Mindbender from Complete Arcane, so his spells would only be at 8th level as a caster, so he would be a fairly weak wizard without his mind powers.

Would you be open to the Abjurant Champion PrC from complete mage? It makes it easier for a fighter / sorcerer combo, which can be fun, since he can buff himself as well as others.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Athos

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Athos wrote:
Hey there

For the monday night game, which I think is the high level one? Would you need a wizard(enchanter), a sorcerer or an arcane trickster?

Yes, Monday is the high-level game. The Chameleon uses a fair mix of spells, including enchantment, but an Arcane Trickster could be useful for extra stealth and Sorcerer is OK (naturally). One of us would just need to re-write the description on Arcane Trickster, so it would fit the campaign world (one of the rules of the setting: No Generic Prestige Classes).

Quote:
Also, do you allow Spell Compendium? Or spells from the complete books?

On a case-by-case basis. I have Complete Warrior and Arcane, but none of the other Completes, nor Spell Compendium. So if you want to use a spell I can't access, I will need you to send me the entire description and I will review it. But I can tell you right now Wraithstrike is banned. :P

Quote:
At 14th level, the sorcerer would have a 7th level spell, and the AT would be able to cast a 6th level iirc, so both would be close to a regular wizard spell wise, but not quite. The enchanter I would want to go Mindbender from Complete Arcane, so his spells would only be at 8th level as a caster, so he would be a fairly weak wizard without his mind powers.

Would you be open to the Abjurant Champion PrC from complete mage? It makes it easier for a fighter / sorcerer combo, which can be fun, since he can buff himself as well as others.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Athos

Mindbender... Mindbender tends toward the low side of power on Prestige Classes, so I'll allow it. But, again, it needs new fluff. And if the PrC ends up being an issue, I'm going to either nerf or ask you to remove it.

Abjurant Champion is a no-go. Sorry.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:14 pm

Ack, just sent you a PM with the sorcerer / abjurant champion, so please just disregard that.

I will send you a sample mindbender then if that is ok.

Thanks,

Athos

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:54 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next