View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:53 am

One Piece Campaign Setting (Interest Check) 

Post One Piece Campaign Setting (Interest Check)
Haha, just got done with episode 495, and was waiting to finish One Piece to start this, but, I rather like one Piece, especially for it's Devil Fruits, and I know there's a lot of One Piece fans out there, but, here's how it'll go down.

You guys create a pirate crew, name and stuff, choose your captain, whatnot. You guys sail the seas, gain bounties or whatnot.

It'll be the same thing as normal Pathfinder, but, there'll be Devils Fruit, which is a fruit that when eaten grants the eater powers, there's all kinds of fruits, but once eaten, you can never swim again, under any circumstances, and sea water weakens you.

The rules for Devils Fruit is simple, when I give you your fruit, I set concrete rules for said fruit, and then, you as a PC can develop moves for your fruit, and then when you come to me with an idea, we discuss the move, to decide excatly how it'll work, and if I'll allow it, and the moves start at rank 1, and then with time will rise to rank 2, then rank 3, and then finally rank 4, the ranks will rise as you practice and use them, so, basically, you develop a move, and then I wait 1 month in-game time, and if you've used the move enough, I'll allow it to rise up a notch.

And example of a fruit is;

Rubber-Rubber Fruit.

This fruit transforms the eaters body into rubber.

Rubber Properties: The user of this fruit is immune to electricity damage, and blunt damage, and if fist attacks are used against creatures of lightning, it deals double damage. If a Lightning Logai user is hit with the natural attack, the Lightning Body ability is nullified.

Rubber Body: Any part of the fruit users body may stretch to 50' in any direction. But it takes 2 full rounds to stretch to this limit, which allows the fruit user to make melee attacks at a range of 50 feet, but if it's anything over 25' then the attack will be made next round. These attacks have no range increment as the stretching is done by manipulating the muscles of their body, which will hit you just as hard as if you were right up close.

Elasticity: If the user stretches his body and uses the back lash of said stretching to hit someone, the damage of their attack will be multiplied by a number depending on the ranged stretched; 10 feet is x2, 20 feet is x3, 30 feet is x3, 40 feet is x4 and 50 feet is x5.

Some maneuvers would consist of;

Bullet: Most basic of the attacks, stretching out his arm to hit.

Shotgun: A branch-off of Bullet, it starts out the same as bullet, but in mid stretch, the user grabs his upper arm and shakes it, causing the arm to bounce around wildly, causing his target to lose his dexterity bonus to AC unless they possess the evasion feat, which then they still keep their Dexterity bonus. It deals the same amount of damage as any standard unarmed strike.

Baloon: By inhaling air, the user can cause his body to stretch outwards like a balloon, allowing them to obsorb massive amounts of blunt damage, or to bounce off of surfaces, or to deflect boulders and cannon balls back towards the origanting point. Or any other useful uses for this abilty.

These are a few possibilities, and so on.

I will also use a rule from a sourcebook, I can't remember the sorucebook to sabe my life, but it's called Class Defense Bonus; basically depending on your class, you gain a dodge bonus to AC depending on your level to represent your ability to avoid getting hit rather than relying on armor or other protective items to save you.

Monk, Fighter, and Barbarion : Gains 2 per level.

Wizards, Bards, Scorcerers: Gain 1 per 2 levels.

Ranger, Druid, Cleric, Rouge, Paladin: Gains 1 per level.

This is also a very, very, very low magic setting campaign, as in, magic users are incrediably rare, so I will only allow 1, if that to be a PC.

If this sounds interesting, reply here, thanks!

Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:11 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: One Piece Campaign Setting (Interest Check)
Wow, really? No body wants to join? We got 3 PCs atm.

Sun May 01, 2011 11:06 am
Profile YIM WWW